The Kingswood. Formerly Sidmouth Brine Baths.
One of the sea-front lodging houses, a Georgian 3-storey bow windowed building stood on this site. Demolished 1893 and replaced by hot & cold Brine Baths. During 1914-18 war, many casualties treated for effects of wounds. By 1920 dilapidated and impoverished, they were closed, but after modernisation re-opened in 1924 by Mrs. J.E.H. Balfour, wife of the Lord of the Manor. They closed finally in 1935. Local Proclamation of accession of King George V read from upstairs balcony to huge crowd 7th. May 1910.