The Lychgate Cottages. Named after the lychgate, through which funerals once entered Holy Trinity graveyard (Old English lic, corpse). The jetted building has been tree-ring dated to 1414-15 and is the only surviving priory building within the former monastic precinct. It stood in the enclosed forecourt of St Mary's cathedral with a high wall to the left and the church's south-west tower to the right. The building was restored and extended in 1856 and repaired again in 1997-8.