Thomas Wales, Thomas Garneys Wales, Thomas Garneys Wales, and Edward Garneys Wales stone plaque in Downham Market
From 1792-1937 four members of the Wales family were in continuous medical practice at this house.
Thomas Wales practiced 1792-1830, Thomas Garneys Wales practiced 1816 - 1865, Thomas Garneys Wales practiced 1855 - 1917, Edward Garneys Wales practiced 1901 - 1937.
Placed here by public subscription.
The stone above was removed from Wales House which stood on this site.
The Wales family, who faithfully served the people of Downham Market, are commemorated by this Shopping Precinct built by Trackrail and completed 1973.
Architects :- Steel, Bowman & Bretman Ptnrs.