W. Sutherns and The Trust School black plaque in Birmingham
The Trust School
By A.D. 1260 there is evidence of a school in Yardley. The Masters were Monks from Maxstone Priory. This present building probably dates from the 15th Century. It may originally have been the Guild Hall. W. Sutherns was the last Master, the school closing in 1908. It is now used as Parish Rooms with a Youth Club upstairs, The Sarah Hassell Lounge downstairs.
Yardley is an area in east Birmingham, England. It is also a council constituency, managed by its own district committee.Birmingham Yardley is a constituency and its Member of Parliament is John Hemming.