White plaque № 27947 in Lewes
Lewes Naval Prison 1793
Site of Lewes House of Correction built in 1793.
Sold to the Admiralty in 1853 it housed Russian prisoners during the Crimean War.
Demolished in 1963.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Lewes
- Location: Lancaster Street
- Parish: Lewes
- District Council: Lewes District Council
- District Council Ward: Lewes Castle
- County Council: East Sussex County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Lewes
- UK Parliament Constituency: Lewes
- Region: South East
Tell us what you know about White plaque № 27947 in Lewes